vinyasa teaching immersion
email to book
The purpose of this immersion is to deliver a training program to existing teachers who are looking to include vinyasa or flow teaching to their portfolio.
It is also extended to existing vinyasa teachers who are looking to immerse in a week of practice and training to refresh, share or gain another perspective of vinyasa yoga.
Any seasoned practitioners who wish to develop a deeper understanding of vinyasa practice and the subtlety of the practice are also invited.
The course will cover
* Key elements of teaching and sequencing a vinyasa class
* Challenges of teaching vinyasa flow and the tools to meet these challenges
* Creative sequencing, especially krama's, a beautiful way of taking a practice into peak poses, as well as at least two other sequencing methods
* Sequencing and teaching a restorative flow class
* Refinement of asanas for all bodies, which can be challenging in teaching flow
* Assisting techniques- hands on assist as an alternative way of supporting your students' understanding, especially in a class that is flowing
* Cueing & developing vision, precision, sensitivity and multi points of awareness
* Daily practice labs where you will create sequences & teach
Our daily practice labs will give you the opportunity to observe & listen to teaching points, practice teaching in a flow and discuss any challenges or uncertainty. This time is akin to a group mentoring session.
My goal is that you leave the week with the confidence to teach a flow class if you are not already doing so. If extra support is needed, private mentoring sessions can be arranged. You will receive continued support for as long as you need through the community of teacher's that meet for teacher's practice.
Teachers or experienced practitioners (however, you are only allowed to teach the general public if you already have an existing yoga teaching qualification)
A written summary of your teaching / practice experience and your goals, with regards to participating in this immersion.
Your commitment for the week in exchange for mine.
Please ensure that you are able to commit to the whole program.